The work shop consisted of a lecture and a presentation from me about the project and about the issue of conflicts and the resolution of the same, and it was divided in the introduction plus 4 parts:
Introduction: Youth Reconciliation Ambassadors Project
I. Role and influence of history (the misuse of history)
- Misuse of history
- Role of history in forming young people’s minds
- Need of a multi-perspective and responsible teaching of history
II. Human rights
-Video on human rights
– Human rights in view of the wars and conflicts – Balkans
– Work of Humanitarian Law Center
– Video presenting the work of Humanitarian Law Center
III. EU Integration and the role of International organization in the reconciliation process
- Description of work done by International organizations (UN (and various agencies), OSCE, KFOR , SFOR, NATO, development agencies like USAID etc.)
- EU as an important factor in the W.Balkans
- EU Integrations background
- Influence and role of EU in the reconciliation process
IV. „Be the change you want to see“ – Active role of citizens in the reconciliation process- fighting discrimination and prejudice
- Based on Tamara’s and Marko’s lecture
- Description of the “Nature of prejudice” and discussion about the role of prejudice and discrimination as lethal weapons that prevent the reconciliation process.
- Think outside the box, challenge your minds, fight prejudice and discrimination
- Reconciliation process: what is needed?
- Active citizenship: You have a say! You have the responsibility!
More or less that was the outline of the presentation and my lecture, and then we had an almost 45min discussion about a few topics.